Friday, March 23, 2012

Da Ride

Poppadumpling here. I finally found the motivation to ride my bike to work. The roads outside the city-center are all 'class A' bike lanes, making this quite easy. The biggest problem was that I still live 12 miles from work and am not in very good shape.

I think I'm going to shoot for doing it once or twice a week, possibly going one-way on different days. The underground parking garage has a large area devoted to bicycle parking and storage. I did manage to complete the ride in 62 minutes on the way to work and 78 minutes on the way home. There was a headwind and it started to rain before I got all the way home.


I definitely need to take some pictures along the route. The rapid growth in Shanghai is amazing. You see a tremendous number of abandoned buildings, many of which are being torn down to build new ones. Its like seeing 200 years of history compressed into a single ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment