Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The new school

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending the Middle School Open House at our new school.  Most of the evening was spent in the usual classroom visits where we learn a little bit about the teachers and the curriculum. But the evening started out a little bit differently, and I think it is a good sign for the year ahead. The Principal welcomed us in the school auditorium, taught us some school chants and gave us an observation test. We were then treated to a few presentations by the staff. My favorites? The creative arts department dressing in shipping cartons and danced on stage to "Mah-Na-Mah-Na" was definitely my top pick. But another noteworthy performance came from the PE staff.  One PE teacher played "Let it Be" on the piano while the other 4 teachers sang new lyrics, the chorus being  "I love PE, I love PE, I love PE, I love PE, Physical Education, I love PE" and did a choreographed dance number that included passing colorful balls back and forth. The school obviously has a very energetic and creative staff that understands what makes a middle school mind tick!

No comments:

Post a Comment