Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pimp my ride!

Pappadumpling here. We've been pretty busy the last few weeks and its finally time to catch up with some past-due posts. This picture was taken two weeks ago when I stopped at Decathlon to purchase some camping supplies for the next boyscout campout.

I really, really, really needed a basket on my bike. There are many shops close to our house and a bike is better than a car to get those little day-to-day items. My collapsible bicycle didn't have a basket, so I've been borrowing from the rest of the Shanghai Dumpling Gang (tm). But as you recall I'm tall, incredibly tall by Chinese standards and my bike isn't big enough, it is much more comfortable than any of the others.

The color really makes it easy for me to find my bike parked in the massive bike-racks outside the stores so while it was the only color choice available, it turns out to be a big win-win.

Next....panniers! Momma's sister "Vintagegal" has been a city-cycler in DC for many years and swears by the "Ortlieb back-roller classics" that she purchased about 10 years ago. I'm still sorting out the best way to get my hands on a pair, but increased carrying capacity is definitely the next step! Vintagegal had some other interesting recomendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment