Sunday, September 4, 2011

Coffee...

Ok, lets get one thing straight. The coffee in china stinks. The one and only saving grace is that Starbucks has done fairly well establishing themselves in Shanghai. Same high prices, same exact cup of coffee and snacks. But if you go to a restaurant or hotel you should set your expectations very, very low. The other day I was late for the work and could not find a cup of coffee in one of the largest subway stations in the city! (no breakfast options either)

I did pass three "Costa Coffee's", none of them were open. I was forced to wait until I completed the 1-hour bus ride to work to drink this! (<----) This is not a Tassimo, this is not even a Keurig. Best I can guess is that they managed to shrink an old fashioned vending machine & drop it on the counter. A well, at least it is caffeinated.

Fyi, the cafeteria serves noodles for breakfast...hope nobody was surprised :-)

1 comment:

  1. I think I would like noodles for breakfast...

    ReplyDelete