Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Just another day

Today I took the compound shuttle to what is currently my favorite grocery store in Shanghai. It's a German version of Costco or Sam's Club called Metro. I found baking cocoa there, so I hope to bake something chocolate soon!

What I should have been doing instead of shopping for cocoa is registering with the police department. I still haven't updated our address with them. I tried to do it this afternoon, but was instructed by Papa Dumpling not to let go of the passports, as he is trying to arrange a quick trip to Hong Kong to get his residency permit. He plans to take The Paying Customer and aka The Works with him for a 2-3 day stay, and would ideally like to leave tonight or tomorrow morning. He is waiting on some paperwork, so it may be next week before they head out. I'll be staying behind on poop-scoop duty.

The brightest spot in my day is that the new slip covers for all of the couches arrived and were installed. Now my living room has some color until the rest of our shipment arrives. The landlord will provide us with 3 rugs, so I have decided that picking them out will be a good reward for registering ourselves, our dog and our bikes.

Here is a picture of the formerly white couch:


6 comments:

  1. I love the red! A much safer color with kids and pets and it is also very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aldi is a German company btw. - Mike aka pH

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best slip cover I have ever seen! It looks like it fits like a glove. Where did you get it?

    I've been enjoying reading of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW "Which Way to Green?" was from me...

    Katrina (from AA :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which Way to Green aka Katrina:
    The slip covers were provided by the landlord. I think they had them custom made to fit the couch. If I hadn't seen them put on with my own eyes, I would have never believed they the couch was not replaced or reupholstered!

    ReplyDelete