Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mr. Pancake House

Ok, breakfast is not a big deal in Shanghai. But if you look hard enough you can find what you want. Today I wanted a traditional american breakfast and after 20 minutes of searching we found a place a short taxi ride from our service apartment. Mr. Pancake House! There appears to be one other place "La Pancake" that'll we'll try sometime. Beyond that you'll need to have breakfast at one of the hotels if want a western-style breakfast.

I got the "Big breakfast", two eggs anyway I like them, a piece of ham, a piece of bacon, a piece of chicken sausage, potatoes and two pancakes. I don't think the Chinese like to serve food that is even close to raw, the concept "over easy" didn't get me very far & toast was not an option. Momma got a spinach omelet (go veggies!), The works got same plain pancakes and the paying customer got the strawberry pancakes. Everyone was very satisfied and this one stays on "the list", although once we move south I'm not sure how often we will be able to visit the north side of Shanghai...but I know we will :-)

1 comment:

  1. Look at all those bikes and motorbikes! I want to check out the sister store, Ms. Pancake House.

    ReplyDelete